Television

20/04/2016

Game of Thrones algorithm finds Jon Snow should not have died

jon snow

(From Time) Over the course of five seasons, Game of Thrones has killed off over 61 characters, including fan favorites such as Ned Stark, Oberyn Martell and (supposedly) Jon Snow. Now, a computer science class at Germany’s Technical University of Munich has created a website dubbed “A Song of Ice and Data” to determine the fate of the HBO drama’s remaining key players in the upcoming sixth season.

Using a series of machine learning algorithms, the students have figured out the likelihood of each character meeting their end in the next 10 episodes. According to the site, Tommen Baratheon has the worst odds of survival—with a 97 percent chance of death—while Sansa Stark is the most likely to make it to next year at 3 percent.

The group also applied the formula to both the show’s previous seasons and George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series, and found it accurately predicted 74 percent of deaths.

As for Jon, there’s only an 11 percent chance the Lord Commander’s watch has ended for good.

(read the full story)






 
 

 
game-of-thrones-wine

Game of Thrones is making wines now

(From Entertainment Weekly) Just in time for enduring your own scheming relatives over the holidays, Game of Thrones is releasing a line of wines. The HBO hit has partnered with a Santa Rosa winery (Vintage Wine Estates) to rel...
by Adword Norton
0

 
 
rick

‘The Walking Dead’ show and comics won’t end the same way

(From Huffington Post) It’s unknown if “The Walking Dead” is deviating from the comic when it comes to who died in the Season 6 Finale. The internet has guesses, but really, it could be almost anyone. Who the heck knows? ...
by Adword Norton
0

 
 
got

HBO confirms Game of Thrones Season 8 will conclude the series

(From Coming Soon) Game of Thrones executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss previously teased that there would only be two more seasons of the fan-favorite series. Now, HBO has officially confirmed that Game of Thrones ...
by Adword Norton
0

 

 
gotsansa

Game of Thrones season 7 release date announced

(From Entertainment Weekly) Summer is coming. HBO is officially confirming some major changes for Game of Thrones. Season 7 of the fantasy sensation will not return until summer 2017 – pushing back from the show’s usual str...
by Adword Norton
0

 
 
cercei

Game of Thrones has two more seasons before the show ends

(From Digital Spy) Bad news, Game of Thrones fans, it looks like the rumours are true – just 13 more episodes. GoT showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss had previously hinted that the show would wrap up after two more seaso...
by Adword Norton
0

 




0 Comments


Be the first to comment!


Bir Cevap Yazın

E-posta hesabınız yayınlanmayacak. Gerekli alanlar * ile işaretlenmişlerdir

*

Şu HTML etiketlerini ve özelliklerini kullanabilirsiniz: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>